Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Stopped

I stopped 7 months and 3 weeks ago and took a look...at myself. I stopped for a brief moment and saw a woman in her late twenties. I stopped and saw for a brief moment and saw a nineteen year old with no direction and no care either. I stopped and saw for a brief moment many attempts to reach that pinnacle of success and beauty, end up in vain and denial. I stopped and saw a fleeting glimpse of twenty something years of a miserably failed relationship immersed in distrust and bitterness. I stopped and saw a darting image of a woman who for the first time I let myself see as a human being struggling with her own demons, instead of placing her back on that pure pedestal, I let her stay on the floor of reality. I stopped and for one second let twenty bad years go. I stopped and for two days realized he is on my side and that he too must do battle and that we cannot be each others wars and survive. I stopped for eight months and saw, Me in the true light of what I am and what my life is. And that is, I still don't know where I stand on the other side of this mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment